Interesting facts about mobile phones that you didn’t know about
We use a mobile phone daily. Anyway, most people do. The current generation is almost impossible to imagine the times when there were no mobile phones. Why is that? Because they have become such an integral part of our daily life that they have changed the very ways in which we conduct our business and carry out our activities.
Thanks to the mobile revolution, there are now more phones than toilets in India. Is it bad or good? Rather, both. Nevertheless, the fact remains: more and more people are connecting to the Internet, and mobile phones play a huge role in this.
In our world there is no end to everything that could be digitized. In fact, most of our workplaces, perhaps at some point, could be replaced by highly functional artificial intelligence. However, up to this point we will stick to the screens of our smartphones.
The computer in your pocket is much more powerful than the one that delivered the man to the moon. It says a lot! This means that, using your smartphone, you could actually fly to the moon and go back (provided that you have a rocket booster, an oxygen tank and radiation protection).
So, before you – 25 interesting things that you did not know about mobile phones:
25. Your smartphone has more computing power than the computer that delivered the astronauts to the moon.
24. On average, there are 18 times more bacteria on a mobile phone than on the toilet doorknob.
23. Scientists at the Bristol Robotics laboratory have figured out how to charge the phone using urine.
22. Fear of being left without a mobile phone is called nomophobia.
21. In 2012, sales of iPhones (over $ 22 billion) were higher than sales of all Microsoft products (over $ 17 billion).
20. In the UK, about 100,000 mobile phones fall into the toilet every year.
19. Most Chinese Internet users access the world wide web through mobile phones — not through a computer.
18. If the iPhone is fully charged every day, then for the year the amount of electricity consumed will be 25 cents.
17. Smartphone technology is based on more than 250,000 individual patents.
16. The average person looks into his smartphone 110 times a day.
15. In Finland, mobile phone throwing is a real sport.
14. The first phones sold in the USA in 1983 cost $ 4,000.
13. In 2012, Apple sold 340.000 iPhones daily.
12. In Japan, the vast majority of mobile phones are waterproof, because people are used to using them even in the shower.
11. Martin Cooper (Martin Cooper), the inventor who in the past worked for the Motorola company, in 1973 made the first call by a mobile phone.
10. In the world, more than 250,000 Nokia 1100 phones have been sold. This has made Nokia the best-selling electrical device in history.
9. There is no reason to believe that radiation from a mobile phone is harmful.
8. On Earth, there are more people with mobile phones than people with a toilet.
7. Facebook and Youtube account for more than 30% of all data transmitted from / to mobile phones.
6. 65% of smartphone owners do not download any applications.
5. 99% of mobile malware is focused on the Android operating system.
4. 47% of smartphone users in the US say they could not live without their phone.
3. The mobile phone industry is the fastest growing on our planet.
2. Sonim XP3300 Force – the strongest phone in the world according to the Guinness Book of Records. He fell from a height of 84 feet (25.6 m) and was not damaged.
1. 70% of mobile phones are made in China